View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #76
belden
Enthusiast
belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 (US)
Something I Noticed

Here's something I noticed. As was previously mentioned, the ads for deals at Amazon usually change every four days. When I clicked (and I am still seeing it now) on the offer for $5 from purchasing Kindle Singles it says it has to be redeemed by June 2nd, which would be four days from when the offer became available. This is on the details page with the link to 'Email Me This Offer' on my Kindle. However the link posted above with the details on Amazon's site gives the date it must be redeemed by as June 15th, and on my Kindle when I click the 'View Special Offers' option under the menu, the text under the 'Spend $5 on Kindle Singles and get a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card' ALSO says "Claim this offer by June 15, 2011".

Previously this was the date when the ads were changed which leads me to believe that with the introduction of the new 3G with special offers and the increase in the number of customers, they are going to go from offering 7-8 Amazon deals a month to 2.

This also leads me to another question, how long do you think the KSO will be supported and updated by Amazon? A year from now if they have introduced a new model will they still be updating the ads every few days and offering new deals or will they just move to regular ads without having any kind of special offers and update them once a month?
belden is offline   Reply With Quote