View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 AM   #4
quibard
quibard began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
thanks for the suggestions and quick replies! Very different from the store I bought this device in the Netherlands...

yes, i updated the firmware to 15.2 and pressed the reset button a couple of times (even when the device is on power).

I hadn't charged the device fully as I was very excited to play with my wonderful new toy. After full charging, the garbled screen is a lot less.
However...

it still garbles now and then, less so on the boot logo than on the main screen (so the main screen shows garbling, or bleeding).
Just now was the first time I could switch the device off (i.e. show an empty screen).

last night when I started to read my first e-book, I had to long press the on/off key after every second page, because flipping the page would do something to the top half of the screen (black it out, show blinking square "cursors").
Not the best reading experience, let me tell you!

I also notice that the first line is only shown for 3/4s. On the bottom of the screen there is about the same height of screen that stays unused (blank) even on the boot logo screen (where it garbles).
quibard is offline   Reply With Quote