View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It could be a faulty book file. I think that cases have been reported where a problematic book can make the Cybook reboot. If the unit tries to read the file, it crashes and reboots. And the unit automatically tries to read the files at first to generate the thumbnails and library data... So, if this is the problem and you have placed the file in the main memory (not an SD card), then the unit will try to read the book again and again, and crash every time, I don't think there is a solution other than reformatting the main memory, but you'd need the special "reformat" version of the firmware, and I don't know if it's available... If you have the books in an SD card, the solution is much simpler: remove the card (and find and delete the problem book using a card reader).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote