View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 06:04 AM   #12
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
For those looking for the command to space between paragraphs, it is in the second line of the CSS files. You have a choice of margin-top or margin-bottom. The second line starts with a "p" and that stands for paragraph. So the top and bottom "margins" of the paragraphs are actually the spacing. Figuring out CSS is like trying to find something in the yellow pages. Yew have to think very differently.

Mine is currently set up as follows.

p { text-align: justify; text-indent: 0.5em; margin-top:0em; margin-bottom: 0.5em }

As I am sure we all have a different taste in reading, yew may want yours different than mine. The example above gives one half space between paragraphs with a very small (but noticeable) indent following on the nest paragraph. I have it like this because the spacing between lines is set to 120% so the document is easier to read. So putting an entire space at 120% would leave too large of a space between paragraphs.

I have been playing with this whole Coolreader thing for epubs and want to say thank you for this tidbit of info. I changed my css to match that and it is just right. I have my line space set for 100% and find it just right and I like the smaller indent much better.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote