View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Tinkering With Coolreader CSS (and Some Original Reading For Yew)

All of the five Coolreader CSS files...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...ar.gz/download

...appear to be exactly the same. Yet the reader is reacting differently to each one.

If yew load an FB2 file, the top of the screen shows author and book name.

If yew load a TXT file, the top of the screen shows the title of the TXT file.

If yew load an HTML file, the top of the screen shows nothing at all.

I am thinking this has to do with metadata, but I can't find anything in the CSS files that would allow yew to configure this so it is more universal.

The good news is these files have definitely solved my double spacing between paragraph problems. (Yay, Dave-S!) I have also found how to change the paragraph indent and text justification.

Contrary to what was reported earlier, I have found that even with the CSS operative, the user settings still function. So yew can set a font in the CSS file and override it. At least *I* am able to. But then who knows I may be something wrong!

I am trying to find how to add just ONE SPACE between paragraphs, but no luck so far. I'm a writer, not a programmer. (Despite my best attempts, no luck getting the publisher to release my work as ebooks. But it hasn't been for the lack of trying!)

I'd also like the title at the top to show the title of the file regardless of what type of file it is, but no luck there so far, either.

Maybe if some of us keep tinkering with the CSS, we can post links? That would be fun.

I have put an email into the people at Coolreader asking for documentation of the CSS files. If I hear back from them, I will let yew know.

NOTE: The link below is to some ZIP files from my website.

One file is some promotional items from the two books (including the one of the left), while the other file contains the entire 11 issue run of the column I wrote for the "Autism at Home Series" between 2008 and 2009. The Autism at Home Series files are in the order they were published and are in PDF format as submitted to the publisher.

Also there are some published personal interviews I have done and a several newspaper articles written about me around the country.

http://www.thomasamckean.com/gallery...s.php?album=76

Last edited by ThomasMcKean; 03-14-2010 at 09:08 PM.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote