View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 10:34 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Problem with Barnes and Noble Nook Glowlight Plus on Arch Linu

Having all sorts of problems with the Nook Glowlight Plus and Calibre under Arch Linux using KDE. I plug in the Nook, and i get this error:

Code:
calibre, version 3.29.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to delete (u'Internal storage', u'NOOK', u'metadata.calibre') with error: 2:PTP Layer error 02ff: LIBMTP_Delete_Object(): could not delete object.
2:Error 02ff: PTP I/O Error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
    self.result = self.func(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 510, in _books
    mainlist = self.device.books(oncard=None, end_session=False)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 285, in books
    self.write_metadata_cache(storage, bl)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 311, in write_metadata_cache
    self.put_calibre_file(storage, 'metadata', stream, size)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 151, in put_calibre_file
    self.put_file(parent, path[-1], stream, size)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/mtp/base.py", line 26, in synchronizer
    return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/driver.py", line 394, in put_file
    self.delete_file_or_folder(e)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/mtp/base.py", line 26, in synchronizer
    return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/driver.py", line 439, in delete_file_or_folder
    (obj.full_path, self.format_errorstack(errs)))
DeviceError: Failed to delete (u'Internal storage', u'NOOK', u'metadata.calibre') with error: 2:PTP Layer error 02ff: LIBMTP_Delete_Object(): could not delete object.
2:Error 02ff: PTP I/O Error
Calibre seems to work ok on Windows.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote