View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 01:00 AM   #41
therty
therty began at the beginning.

Device: Good E-Reader 6.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeGhoti View Post
I don't have the wherewithal to do anything resembling a proper review, but I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

I haven't had any problems with mine and I've been using it pretty heavily (mainly for notetaking) since it came in. The stylus remains very nicely responsive, the backlight is comparable to that of a Kindle Paperwhite. The built-in tools (ebook readers, notetaking/drawing) are pretty good, but the Android infrastructure is somewhat lacking.

It's only running Android 4.4.2 which is, put mildly, very very old. I would not call any Android apps anything resembling "fast" or "snappy". The only PDF reading software is by way of Android apps; there is nothing built-in for them.

The closest things I have to a complaint are the lack of a "left-handed" mode, and that there does not seem to be away to adjust the intensity of the backlight without drilling into the Settings menu/app.

As you mentioned, the Play Store will not function, but you can sideload any .apk that you care to. The Amazon Android App store provides them, and there are many other sources for application files that you can sideload. It also comes with a "good e-reader eInk app store" that I have not looked too deeply into yet.
Any app recommendations? The wikipedia app is quite good, but I havent played with much else. I added the swype keyboard, but it isn't great - there is probably a better option...
therty is offline   Reply With Quote