View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 12:58 AM   #37
DopeGhoti
DopeGhoti began at the beginning.

Device: Good Ereader 6.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
You sound as if writing on paper is a bad think. Lol You can't shame people into buying an ereader to write notes on. The term, dead tree books, didn't work when it came to people reading paper books and its not gonna work for taking notes.lol Congrats on the new Dug up earth reader though...
I'm not interested in shaming anyone into doing anything (or not doing anything, as it were); I just thought it to be an amusing turn of phrase. Thanks for the congrats though; I'm enjoying my indentured-servitude-reader quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffery View Post
I use this tool for my kobo memory card. To format its 64GB cards into fat32. The card worked just fine in a Kobo Aura HD supposedly limited to 32GB. Windows normally won't allow you to format past 32GB because it's not as efficient and Microsoft (who owns the patents to Fat32) decided they know best. But with 2k cluster size which is great for books you can format up to 8TB. This tool will go all the way up to 256TB for SDXC card.
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/ind...?guiformat.htm
[...][/URL]
Thanks for the helpful link. I mainly tried the 1/8TB SD card out of curiosity; it ended up (as intended) going into my Switch, and its old 32GB card went into the e-reader.

I've already sussed out a few things that might be helpful to know for any others who have a device with this firmware (or something like it). I know we might be few and far between, but I'm hoping to run into more lucky lottery winners who have one of these things to trade tricks with.
DopeGhoti is offline   Reply With Quote