View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 04:04 AM   #13
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Alex,

I have double checked my spam bins (one on my client and one on the ISP) and nothing there.

I quite understand that MR may be handing off the notifications correctly to Amazon SES and bearing in mind that I did get a couple of notifications at one point sent to an address that hadn't been current with MR for about three days its clear that at least in those cases it was Amazon SES that was introducing a delay, I think therefor that the issue is with Amazon.

Notifications do seem to be arriving now (I actually got two for your reply to this thread - I think this happens when a post gets edited, though I don't think yours had been).

Whether its worth while you spending any more time on this only you can judge - my concern was based initially on the non-receipt of the first confirmation message and was all the evidence I had of a problem at that time. The bit you control is functioning o.k. and perhaps we have too high an expectation of assured delivery of Internet Email bearing in mind the way the whole thing hangs together :-)

Bob
----------------
Later info :

I am subscribed to the thread 'Endnotes by chapter or at end of book?' in the Ebook Format/Epub forum. Looking at the index (i.e. without opening the thread itself) I see that Doitsu posted an update at 07:28 this morning. I haven't had a notification through for that yet, so the "delayed/lost" issue seems more prevalent than I previously thought.

Last edited by BobC; 08-04-2016 at 07:58 AM. Reason: later information
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote