View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 04:29 AM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It could be your ISP has blocked MobileRead's domain. I get tons of notifications...way too many. I use outlook.com You can try switching to gmail or outlook and see if you still have issues.
I have already changed the email address MR sends notifications to to one under my own control and was just waiting for a thread update that would trigger one. Yours got through so I must assume that there is some chicanery going on at my original ISP.

Perhaps the problem started with the "Network Maintenance" on 20 July. If that altered the IP address the MR Mail server used then that could be the reason. Neither the IP address nor the Domain used by the mail server are listed in the Spamhaus database so why my ISP should be dumping mail from them is a mystery.

Thanks for the reply which has helped me narrow down what is going on.

BobC

Last edited by BobC; 07-30-2016 at 04:41 AM. Reason: spelling correction
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote