View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #89
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
@as32: Thanks! I'm really glad that you like it

Yes, it's strange that almost every 8GB SD card has different size Believe me that I was aware of that and I took the smallest one I had and even it was not the smallest one on the market Anyway the last partition is swap so it doesn't matter if it doesn't fit as it can be easily recreated as you've mentioned

Quote:
I also created a 2GB image of the debian directory in that image and used chroot with the gloScreen utilities to run awesome on my Aura HD. But all the images seem to be only black&white. Why is this, because of the missing kernel changes or a different image format?
Hmm... If you didn't change kernel at all that must be because of gloScreen utitlities. My kernel changes were made for triggering auto-refresh (on change only). If you have source codes for gloScreen utilities you can play with different refresh modes. Make sure it doesn't use EPDC_FLAG_FORCE_MONOCHROME flag on mxcfb_update_data structure data. Something like this should work ok with grayscale (you can try to use other values for WAVEFORM_MODE_AUTO if it doesn't):
https://github.com/marek-g/kobo-kern...ull_update.cpp
Or you can try to merge my eInk driver changes for Aura HD's kernel (only auto-update related ones, without touching waveform modes).

Quote:
The fb_update method is eating quite some CPU resources. I guess it's checking a buffer and updating the display every 10th of second. I don't know how the kernel stuff works, but maybe it's better.
Yes, but it uses MMU and the check is triggered only when something changed. For example if you are reading something static (like text in full screen) it won't use any CPU power until there is any change in the screen. Just limit the amount of visible changes to zero and you will be good.

Quote:
I believe this hack will only work on N905C models of the Touch, because other models don't use an internal SD card for memory. However, any model of Mini should work just fine.
So you're saying that not every Touch model has removable internal SD card? That's bad. However there is still possibility to change uboot loader to start from external SD card when inserted. It's possible also to do it that way on models you don't want to open. But I strongly do not recommend it. If something goes wrong you will have to open it! And if you cannot open it and remove internal SD card it will stay bricked (until you can connect to it through J-TAG).
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote