View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kontrabas View Post
A.) The original developers package did one thing: change an entry in the "registry.xml" allowing files with the extension "sh" to be run in the content manager. Is that correct? I am still in the dark however about the nature of the change. That is: was something deleted in the registry.xml or rather something added?
You got the right idea. The developer package merely add some entry in "registry.xml" for ContentLister (the UI program) to execute shell script. ContentLister won't execute any shell script unless it's specified in "registry.xml".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontrabas View Post
B.) I need to format my CF-Card correctly (file system: ext2 size:128MB). Then copy the complete contents (that is all directories and files) in the internal storage on the card (preserving the directory structure). Would a select all, copy and paste in Windows Explorer do the trick? I suppose not, sounds to easy. In the next step I would access the "registry.xml" on the CF-Card and make the appropriate changes (which are?), changes that would normally be effected by downloading the developer's package to your Iliad. The last step is to boot the Iliad from the CF-Card. How do I force the Iliad to boot from the CF-Card and not from the internal storage?
I think that you got the idea wrong. It's about re-flashing firmware. You should read the manual and search through the forum before doing. It's risky.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote