View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #992
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
For 1 column documents pls use "auto crop" from reading menu.
you can use either "Auto crop" or "Auto detect margines". The second one is needed for some multi column documents.

I am also going to make a short video tutorial how the dashed line work and when it is need.
Hm, there are two problems I see with this: First of all I can't get rid of those dashed lines, no matter what I try. And they sit in completely unreasonable places. They go right through the upper or lower third of the page (and the text), always. I still haven't understood what they are meant to signify, nor do I think they signify anything useful. Second, I see a problem with how "Auto Crop" works as a one-time tool and basically zooms in onto the page based upon the current content. If the next page looks slightly different, you'd have to re-call auto-crop. (Apparently Auto-Crop works according to some different principle)

I really think the suggestion I made on the previous page for how the semantics are supposed to be layed out makes sense and provides both, orthogonal and useful controls. Perhaps you could consider it at least partially.

Edit: Although I still don't understand the purpose of the gray lines, I eventually got rid of them, Auto Crop seems to work fine for now (I hope). Fullscreen would be appreciated as before - especially retaining it.

YAE: It seems like the gray lines always appear "once" and then disappear when swapping the page. And when they appear initially, they are somewhere where it doesn't make any sense for them to be.

Last edited by ManDay; 11-14-2012 at 09:11 AM.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote