View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
I can see why you wouldn't feel the need for an iPad, if you already have a kindle, iphone, netbook and such... But *hate*?

I like my iPad. I don't use it as much since I got my iPhone 4, but I still use it plenty.

There's nothing like an iPad to read comics, PDFs (guides, magazines and such). All my RSS feeds on google reader can be easily read on an iPad.

Plus, it has a couple of entertaining games.

Also, I can watch football while my fiancé happily reads her emails, web surfes a little and play Treasures of Montezuma (an incredibly addictive game) on the iPad.
"hate" is the article writers word, not mine. He obviously chose such a word for the page hits it would generate.
I don't hate it, I merely find it kinda useless.
I didn't have very high expectations. I just wanted to use it as an ereader, but I find that it's horrible to read on: it's too heavy and the LCD is just awful on the eyes. Perhaps for those who haven't been exposed to the wonders of e-ink it does the job. Personally, it makes me fume when I hear it described as an 'ereader' because it simply isn't unless we want to call anything with an LCD an 'ereader'.
also, the apps that are available range from the plain stupid to the extremely limited (due in large part to the closed eco-system).
Meh...so much hype!
I wish I could get some use out of it but as it is, it's simply a shiny brick.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote