View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #14
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is one possibility for improvement. I do not know if this app provides this but txt files are often line oriented with a CR/LF at the end of each line while ePub is paragraph oriented with all of the lines fitted to the width of the screen. Some conversion applications can ignore CR/LF sequences and depend either on a blank line between paragraphs or an indent of the first line in a new paragraph. If this app can do this it can turn a text file into a readable document for eBook readers.

There are also some coded conventions used by Project Gutenberg to encode italics, bold, breaks in txt etc. into a txt file. If this converter can recognize those conventions it can also be useful in converting books.
My point is that a reading app could do exactly the same tweaks on the fly, there really isn't any need to convert to a intermediate file.
However, this clearly isn't an important enough point to warrant all these posts, so I shall stop

Last edited by murraypaul; 04-29-2013 at 07:56 PM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote