View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #24
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I do admit that I'm quite often puzzled by the line of reasoning that places some sort of qualitative merit on a personal library's "ability" to be entirely consumed within the time constraints of its curator's life-span. *shrugs*
For me it's not about merit so much as pragmatism. I like being able to browse my library and find my next book to read. Yes I can search and filter and so on but with so many books, especially many that I may not remember when or where or why I downloaded them, it's harder. In any case I've no fear that should I suddenly get a hankering for a particular book or type of book that I don't currently have that it will have disappeared. If I really thought that then I would download it. It most cases either it'll still be there later or I won't really miss it that much.

Part of restricting my library is about making sure I don't have a crippling amount of choice right now.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote