View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #21
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi all, I have been away on holidays for almost two weeks (: so that is why I reply only now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by godel10 View Post
@Mackx: I have not succeed to make it work (under python 2.8), but I am not very familiar with python scripts. Could you tell us the command line syntax you use?. And, what is the output of this script?
The answer that Iņigo gave is correct for the first version. The 2nd version should open a window in which you can select a directory (preferably a copy) of the SD card using the open-menu-command. All documents that contain annotations (in the metadata.db file) will be processed. (Original files are not changed but a few new files are generated.)
Did you already get it to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
I think it's definitively doable, at least as an external script.
Python is already ported, pyPdf is pure python, and ReportLab only C module is for speed.
So I guess it should run on DR.
The main purpose of this 'exercise' was to create a tool for PC, I did not think of porting it to the DR itself. But I guess that it should be possible. It will not be my main focus. While reading documents I make some annotations at interesting part so I can look at them in more detail later (I use my DR in the train). So I created this tool to merge the annotations off-line, so that I can quickly look-up the interesting parts and follow-up on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarper View Post
Oh, I see. My idea was to somehow call the script from the main DR UI to skip Xournal altogether. Not that I think it's useless, but all I do with it is 'import annotations -> export to PDF', and a simple UI addition + script as I described would be far more practical for that.
Once the used modules gets ported, it should not be that difficult to create an 'open with'-command[1] that calls a python-script to convert a single file (for dr1000).

Did anyone use the (2nd) script already?

[1] See dr1000hackx, that allows to install alternative commands for extensions.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote