View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #15
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
I've been having a debate with myself on whether to go with a Sony PRS-350 or the new Kindle to replace my PRS-505. The screen contrast and battery life is pretty much the same from what I've seen, and for either I would continue to buy epubs and liberate them (and then convert them in the case of the Kindle).

I like the Kindle's price and wi-fi, but I'm leaning toward another Sony for the touch screen and epub support. Epubs converted to mobi work perfectly (links, TOCs, etc.), but I just don't like the way the Kindle fonts look (they almost remind me of comic sans or something - too round). Epubs display more book-like, IMO. I also like the idea of just tapping a word and getting its definition. The pdf reflow is nice too.

I think Kindles are best for people who just want to buy best-sellers wirelessly from Amazon and not mess with converting files, maintaining a library, borrowing from a library or reading pdfs. If you're going to maintain a library on your computer and manipulate your ebooks, then I think the Sony is the way to go.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote