View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #33
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
What I'd tell my library if they asked. To make waiting lists move quicker:
1) When you get an email that the book you are waiting for is available, you have 4 days to fetch it. THEN you have up to 3 weeks checkout. I'd suggest either shortening the fetch period to 48 hours (all you have to do is acknowledge the email, essentially; you can download it any time till your lending period expires) or making the max lend time 21 days LESS the amount of time it took you to respond.
2) Add obvious information how to return ADE books. It took me a long time to find that!
3) You can have up to 10 digital titles checked out. It seems like that is a lot. Maybe 5 would be sufficient.
4) If a book becomes available to you, but you know you won't be able to read it in the lending period, instead of downloading it right now, have the option of being placed BACK in the waiting list, at a position of your choice (2nd or 4th, for example)

Also, audio books and ePubs are really quite different. Just because the library has a copy of one does not mean that all users interested in that book are covered.
3) Our library is 25(!) Overdrive items (audio + ebook) at a time

4) Our library has that for their own items' reserve queue - you specify a future date (such as after returning from a trip), and go back in the queue based upon the date of your original request.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote