View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 09:31 AM   #32
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
My Kobo Glo HD which I had set to affiliate Kobo was at 3.19.5761 got upgraded tonight to twice, I think to 4.3.8842 and then immediately to 4.3.8845, and after I changed the affiliate to KoboIndigo, it updated to 4.3.8966.

My other Kobo Glo HD, was sitting at 4.2.8432, with affiliate of RakutenBooks. I just change its affiliate setting to KoboIndigo, performed a manual sync, and it started upgrading, but has been sitting at 5 boxes for about an hour. It's possible that there's an issue with the 64GB memory card or the 21,000 ebooks on it.

Update: I gave up waiting, re-imaged my memory card, and changed my affiliate to KoboIndigo, and it updated it directly to 4.3.8966. Now I need to have Calibre reload my reader.
There is a database migration between 4.3.8845 and 4.3.8966. It is an update to a value in the content table. As this contains a row for every book on the device, plus one for every ToC entry in the books, it could take a while. I wouldn't have thought an hour. A problem could be that it ran out of battery. If it was already the upgrade plus migration will use a lot of power and if it ran out in the middle of this, there would not be any notice shown.

You were probably right to do the factory reset. Plugging it in to charge and restarting the device might have worked, but I suspect you would have ended up with a corrupt database and having to sign out to fix it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote