View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 03:29 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by popkulcher View Post
I am using the plug-in to convert my KPF file (created on Kindle Create) to MOBI; I then email the MOBI file to myself so I can download it to my iPad and read on the Kindle app.

When I open the file on the Kindle app, it lacks metadata -- it has a title that reads "[my book title] - [author].mobi" and nothing in the author space (which I must fill in for the Kindle app to access the file).
If you import the KPF file into calibre as a new book entry it will populate the Title and Author columns with whatever data it extracts from the file. You can change those and other metadata in the calibre book entry before conversion to MOBI to set whatever metadata you like in the MOBI file.

If you change any metadata in calibre after conversion you can update the metadata in the MOBI file by using the Embed Metadata or Polish Book commands in calibre.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote