View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Hi Luqman,

yes, some of us have been experiencing this weird effect on our 302. It is indeed very similar to what has been happening on some Kindle 2 in the US. From what I could read, it is apparently due to a display defect that has been occurring with a whole batch of e-ink displays, probably all produced in the same period of time by the same e-ink display producer (there are obviously not so many of those on the market) but destined to be shipped to different e-reader companies.

This has nothing to do with the reflexion, that is indeed quite strong on the 302, and which can be somewhat diminished with a protective foil. What we are here speaking about is exactly what you are describing, where part of the text simply vanishes as soon as the display is exposed to direct sunlight.

I contacted the german Pockebook aftersale representant, who asked me to send him back the device. He probably will change the display on it. Have you tried contacting yours in the US ? They too seem to be very active on the english part of the forum.

Last edited by aceflor; 04-23-2010 at 03:21 PM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote