View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 11:53 PM   #13
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
eBook readers are like any other technical device - by the time you paid for it and walk out of the store they are old technology. That doesn't make them old or tired. And if we wait for the latest model, no one would ever buy one as there are always rumours of a new improved model.

I would buy a reader for someone even if they haven't thought about buying one yet. Here in Oz there are still many people who don't know much about them and are surprised when I show them my Sony.

I would have to consider the person though: are they avid readers? Are they comfortable around computers? Are the books they are reading available for them here in Oz.
Thankfully I feel differently about ereaders than I do about other gadgets. For my phones, TV's and computers I always feel the itch every time a tasty new device with improved speed or features comes out. But for the purpose of reading fiction the Sony 505 really doesn't need any improvements. I will get other, bigger devices in the future for different reading purposes --- newspapers, PDF, magazines, etc but I will continue to use the Sony for regular books.

With other gadgets the old ones rarely get used after I get a new one!
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote