View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
But would anyone actually buy a dedicated reader device for someone who isn't an avid reader who hasn't already expressed an interest in such a device ? Most people ,I think,are pretty particular and ruminate at length over what to buy,especially since these things aren't cheap,by most conceptualizations of what cheap is. If I know someone who is an avid reader but has no interest,I'd give them a gift certificate to a bookstore,not a reader.What libraries are lending out ebook readers ????? Old and busted,hardly- how can you say something is old and busted,and in the same article speak of the evolution of the devices,and how many are out there.Yes,many people who WANT an ereader may already have one,just as many don't get the idea of it until they see others (like most of the MR members) with one,and then suddenly the curiosity increases....

I do plan to get some as gifts,and I have in the past-but I make that decision on a person by person basis.Some people will always prefer a ________ (insert book retailer of choice) card as a gift.

And...if we always waited for the next best greatest thing....well would anyone ever buy anything ?????
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote