View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
I totally agree that an ereader as a casual gift is probably not the best idea.

But if you know your recipient is strongly considering one, who cares if the price is higher than it "should be", or that it might be replaced in six months when something "better" hits the market (and I don't really put the nook in that category.)

It's YOUR money, and it will be easier for the recipient to move on to a "better" device if they don't have a monetarily emotional attachment to the choice, so you are doing your friend a favor.

But only if they are on the verge of buying one, anyway.

As for the silly notion that "better" devices with be multifaceted, including cell phone use -- who cares? As many folks have stated in this forum, I am getting an eReader device to read books. Period.

If you have a friend on the fence who is considering it for the same reason, there is no reason not to. If you are an uninformed person who hasn't been reading this forum for months and knows what he is looking at, then its a casual gift, and Mikey is probably right.

On the other hand, it may only be that his mother won't let him have one.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote