View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Issue #1 is silly. Don't by a reader because Apple might release a tablet. Yeah right.
Yeah, but to be fair he said such a device would lead to a deluge of competing devices.

And I'd agree with that. For the non-avid reader it's probably best to keep waiting and see what happens in the tablet and netbook areas since such folks don't really need/want a device that's only purpose is reading.

Have avid readers you're trying to buy gifts for? Then sure, and e-reader can be a great gift if they don't already have one.

For the average person on your x-mas gift that you usually get tech gadgets for? Maybe not.

But it's a touchy topic here as you have groups of people who love e-ink devices and dedicated readers who are defensive as they worry about multifunction devices that they view as inferior to e-ink readers taking over the market. Then you have people very interested in tablets as they prefer multi function devices. Then you have people like me who see a place in the market for both types of devices.

And the back and forth over tablets on here has gotten pretty stale as it's just the same people making the same arguments over and over--myself included.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote