View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 10:31 AM   #12
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What I do is if the images are larger enough then 1600 lines, I reduce down to 1600 lines. If they are not JPG, make then JPG. In Calibre, you can do a lossless compression to remove any rubbish in the images.
JPG format may indeed be the best option for the smallest file size - for certain types of images, like color photographs, paintings, etc. Other formats, like PNG or GIF, can be better for simpler images like diagrams. And (well made) SVG can be super small.

A decent software (I use photoshop but there are plenty of good ones out there) will give you a preview with filesize for different formats - all you need to do is pick the one that best fits that style of image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If there are embedded fonts, in Calibre, you can do a font subset to reduce the size of the fonts and remove any unused fonts.
Sigil also has plugins for removing rubbish in JPG (JPEGOptimizer) and for subsetting your fonts (SubsetFonts).
Either program works well!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote