View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 12:23 PM   #34670
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
[crossing AZ off my list of possible retirement locations.]

I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that you can HEAR, enough to be bothered by, the sound of a hose running half a mile away.....

I could not tell you if there was hose running directly across the street from me.
Even hiking through Stokes Forrest on a quiet day, I can't even notice sound of the little waterfalls until I'm almost on top of them...and I passed a hearing exam just recently....
I can rant about having to good hearing, sometimes I wish I could just turn my earing of, if I hear any small noise at night I can’t sleep, and I can’t focus if I’m hearing noise that disturbs me (like a fan rotating) I get distracted by the sound and it is literally the only thing that I focus. I know all the dogs in my neighborhood by their barking, and had many a night without sleep thanks to them.

Along with the noise comes the vibration from motors, I hate when a car stops with the motor running bellow my windows, I can feel the vibration and it drives me nuts, I just want to go yell at them to turn the dam car off, the other day one went to the photocopy store in front and left the car running for at least 15 minutes, after several minutes I went to check if they had the AC running and didn’t want it to stop, but no, it was a clunker of a van without AC and that I’m sure consumes a lot of diesel and emits a lot of particles and fumes to the atmosphere, but the owner didn’t care.

From the bright side this helps when I’m waiting for deliveries, because many times I’ve felt the vibrations and went to the check the window and the van is coming down the street, so I don’t have to wait for them to ring the doorbell.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote