View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #4
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Me. Not that I've given up the Oasis 1. I traded my Voyage, which I never fell in love with (fake buttons), to Amazon, but kept my O1. It will be my take-places Kindle, as I'm always afraid of losing the one that goes places and never take the newest.

My reason for getting the O2 was the larger screen. I hoped the auto lighting adjustment would work, which it never did on the O1, but nope. It does work, but every time I put my hand on the top of the device as I'm reading, the light starts to fade when I don't want it to, so I turned that off. I like being able to make the Home screen list larger, but no other feature would have lured me to spend the money. IMO the screen is absolutely, noticeably, wonderfully larger, not just kinda sorta.

The extra weight isn't a consideration for me. I have some arthritis in my hands and don't hold any Kindle any longer. I either prop it along my leg as I read or use one of those pillow holders. I never did read on my back with book or Kindle over my head, so that wouldn't ever have affected my choice.
ellenoc is offline   Reply With Quote