View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #2
Derek87
Connoisseur
Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW3
i'll comment although i went the opposite way. i upgraded from a PW3 to an Oasis 2, and then now, after much a saga, found an acceptable Oasis 1 (see other thread on screen quality control (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=292705).

Things to like about Oasis 2:
- the larger screen (this to me is a game changer. 1" doesn't seem like much, but it really allows you to see a significantly larger amount of text. i miss this in going to an Oasis 1)
- in spite of apparent variation from unit to unit, it seems they have largely gotten the whole light cone/shadow issue under control.
- if you were lucky like i was with my Oasis 2, you may find the best Kindle screen out there in terms of light and color uniformity (mine had a slight faint shift to yellow on the thin side but only visible if i looked really hard and was at the light levels 9-12)
- inversion mode with white text and black background
- waterproof (if that's important to you)
- more memory (2x or 8x if that's important to you)

BUT, ultimately, i returned it because i read, for the most part, lying in bed on my back, and i found it uncomfortable to hold.

so, i went with the Oasis 1, buying a refurbished unit and having to go through five units to get an acceptable one that still is mediocre in screen quality compared to the Oasis 2 that i had for a week.
Derek87 is offline   Reply With Quote