Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #536
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Capture Goodreads Sync shelf into Custom Column

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic_01 View Post
I am trying to get my bookshelves to show as columns in Calbre (like read, to-red, currently reading and etc). Does anyone know how to create custom columns in Calibre using Goodreads shelves?
I have set up a custom column to capture the Goodreads shelf when I sync via Goodreads sync. I then use the Goodreads Sync 'Shelf Add Actions' and 'Sync Actions' to populate this custom column. Once the custom column is setup and populated, it can be used like any other column (displayed, searched on, in scripting, etc).

Here are screen shots of my custom column, and how I am populating it within the Goodreads Sync customize. Note: I only use the standard Goodreads shelves, so I am using a Text column with set values. You can change this to be any other text type if you use others, or just add the extra values you need to the set values of the column. I find using the set values makes it easier to capture when a book is moved to a different shelf.

I have also including a screen shot of my Date Read and My Rating custom columns.

I hope this is helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ShelfField.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	104782   Click image for larger version

Name:	DateRead.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	104783   Click image for larger version

Name:	MyRating.jpg