View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 12:03 AM   #7
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Do you have a friend or relative who lives in the US and wouldn't mind doing you a favour? If so, use them as a mail-forwarding depot if you ever need to use the Sony warranty. Just don't use your Canadian address to register the Reader.

It's worth noting, however, that the Sony 505 I just bought on eBay (new in box but from a private individual) has a Canada-compliant bilingual (English-French) box and (bilingual) Canadian standards info on the back of the Reader itself. So, easy Canadian access to the Sony Reader (with full warranty) may not be as far off as it originally seemed...

I have both the Cybook and the Sony 505. Features-wise, I'm not entirely convinced that the font choices and secure Mobipocket compatibility justify the added cost for the Cybook, so I'm not about to argue that you need to take those into consideration as well as the warranty. If the warranty is your main concern, I'd probably say, go with the Sony - with the caveat that you should probably have someone who does have a U.S. address who would be willing to act as a mail forwarder in case of warranty claims.
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote