View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #14
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Yes, it's nearly perfect now.

I don't like playing with the Shift key so I created my own keyboard_european.txt and assigned keys as follows:
Code:
ss=š
SS=Š
The logic behind this is, that if you want an unaccented letter, you press the key once and if you want an accented letter you make a double-keypress.

However, the problem is that now you can't type words like book or www. No matter how long you wait before entering the second letter, you still get an accented character.
How complicated would be to implement a waiting timeout ?
I can try to code it myself if you'd be so kind and send me the source code.
Whatever suits you best.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote