View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #8
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by janvanmaar View Post
While it is very useful already, I was wondering whether it could be possible to induce the special characters by pressing a combination of keys rather than by entering a new layout mode. For example, AA+Q could write the character that is currently written by Q in the new layout mode...
The problem is, that AA is not a modifier key, it has its meaning alone.
I don't think there are any unoccupied modifier keys left.
I think that the problem could be addressed by adding special option to the keyboard.txt file (say "auto_switch_back = true").
Once this option is activated, physkeyb would switch the keyboard layout back to the original one after typing single letter.

The main drawback of this hack is that it doesn't work in the browser. That limits its usage to making notes and entering search strings.
It's nice though that it can happily coexist with keybru and launchpad.

Last edited by dsmid; 02-11-2011 at 01:47 AM.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote