View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #286
johnstu
johnstu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505, iPhone, Kindle 2, iPad 2
@mallard13
Hi, did you actually open the acsm in the dropbox app, ie select it so it opens as a text file. It's on the text file screen that the "forward" icon appears as an arrow curling to the right.

@steph_g
Thanks for the icab suggestion. I've been keen to find a new browser and icab looks fairly feature packed. I have successfully borrowed a book using the icab app but I'm not sure that the method I used for downloading the acsm file within icab was the most efficient. I clicked the book download button in my account at my library's webpage to download the acsm.

This didn't seem to do much so I checked the download section of the icab app which had a + button for new downloads. I clicked that and it asked for a new URL so I went back to the browser and copied the link from the address bar when I pressed the acsm download button. Then I returned to the download section of the app and pasted that URL into as a new download. This worked. The acsm was downloaded (within the app rather than to dropbox) and selecting it gave me the option to open in Bluefire. Which I did, which worked. But I think I must be being a bit silly in using my complicated way to start the dowload in icab.
johnstu is offline   Reply With Quote