View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 05:15 AM   #11
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Just to comment on the original question, I've been using my t68 as a little monitor via a vnc viewer app - bvnc seems to be the most resource efficient one I've found so far. This way i can either connect to any other Linux computer (i guess win and osx have vnc servers as well), but also use a Linux chroot on the device itself, e.g. to type with your favorite editor (i like gedit). It's obviously a bit sluggish with its single core cpu, but typing actually works quite ok.
My main problem with that setup is actually key mapping, as I'd like to use a German qwertz layout, but bvnc doesn't seem to handle that well. Still trying to figure out workarounds, but if you're used to a standard qwerty layout anyway this shouldn't be a problem.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote