View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #13
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Here's the problem and the solution: human error, of course. When you download a Mobipocket PX book, you don't have to register the PID on the site. When you open the book in Mobipocket Reader for the first time, it prompts you to login to the site from which you purchased the book, to activate it. This creates a DRM'd copy of the book.

It's rather important to de-DRM THIS file, not the original file you downloaded.

Umm, duh.
Interesting. I've bought PX books before and a little birdie told me that the DRM can be stripped from them as usual -- without logging on, etc.

Did you previously (i.e., before buying the book) register your device PID's for both OD and PX at BooksOnBoard (you have to do it for each separately)?

But glad you got it working.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote