View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 05:47 PM   #61
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Looks fine to me (and Validates in Calibre sans the missing links)

Block Level tags can not be split. Check your nesting ( pretty formatting visually helps)
Code:
<p>
<div> x</p> 
</div>
Found it, fixed it. Many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You went to a lot of trouble to make a narrow TOC.
Then you have the 'PART <timestamp>' which made it wide.
Another <br /> needed?

Code:
<div>

<a href="../Text/102-004-001.xhtml">PART TWO</a><br /> Wednesday, 5:30 P.M.-11:00 P.M.<br/>

</div>
Something I'm going to look at--as you can see from the screenshot below, it displays fine in Calibre. What I'm looking for is to keep it as true to the original book as possible, while making it display well on e-reader devices. I'm going to look at the page on my tablet as well as my phone and see if the breaks are necessary.

I was not only designing a slimmer Table, for display on e-readers, but also to align the links visually, as it's shown in the screenshot. When I ripped the table from the book, I neglected to bring my monospace font along, so that didn't display in the one I posted. Have that corrected as well.

I need to check the presentation on both my tablet as well as on my phone, just to see how it renders. If there is an untoward wrap, I'll add breaks as necessary to line it up.

I'm curious, though--did you also experience the problem that prompted the original post, that of Sigil placing an extra line space between the blocks with each save? (Hopefully this question will bring the post more on-topic...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.png
Views:	149
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	152327  

Last edited by JustinThought; 10-12-2016 at 05:50 PM.