View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 04:51 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Sounds interesting. If possible leave items like ToC entries / Headings un-scrambled.
Thanks for replying, Peter.

Re: the NCX TOC - to scramble or not to scramble is trivial from a technical POV. The question would be what the Moderators think is acceptable. At the moment I've played safe and scrambled.

Re: an inline TOC - this is more difficult as there is no 100% reliable programmatic way to determine whether the page with the most hyperlinks is an inline TOC or a page of Endnotes (or something else entirely). The Eyeball Method is very reliable but I'm not currently considering an interactive utility with endless user settings. I'd rather err on the safe side of scrambling an inline TOC than revealing the Endnotes.

Re: Headings. That might be possible to some extent if only text from <h1>, <h2> etc tags were revealed but, as we all know, many books are not created with logical tags. Once again the Moderators would need to have their say. Until then, when in doubt ... scramble.

Quote:
Also I presume that rather than scrambling, the text would be replaced by random text (possibly Lorem Ipsum based).
No I did mean scrambling. I want the book to have the look&feel of the original as far as possible without being able to read/comprehend any of it. Rather than describe it I've added a sample before/after page in post #2.

Quote:
Might also be an idea for a Sigil plugin?
Perhaps, but only by someone other than me I haven't used Sigil since the Calibre Editor was released.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote