View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Grimm, The Brothers; Grimm's Fairy Tales; 25-March-2008

Grimm's Fairy Tales have been a fixture in Western Literary society for many years. They have been translated, revised and redacted over and over again so that they might be politically, socially, or child acceptable. Perhaps it is time to go back and take a look at them as nearly as they were written. That is the intention of the first volume attached to this message.

It is a compendium of 209 of the tales largely translated by Margaret Smith in the 1920's. Among the many 'warts' on this compendium are the obvious racial and anti-semitic overtones, the lack of titling on the tales, and the lack of modern paragraphing. Yet I think it important to preserve them and enjoy reading what amounts in many respects to be mini morality plays (read, for example, "The Star Talers".

The second volume, the larger of the two files, is a collection of twenty of these tales with illustrations produced in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Additionally these have been edited to the extent of providing modern paragraphing. As near as I can tell they are the original translations done again by Margaret Smith.

I am aware that there are other collections of these tales. The contribution here is a file that contains the most extensive and, as nearly as it is possible in a translated work, accurate representation of the stories. And, in the illustrated volume the presentation of some of the very delightful illustrations done for these prennial favoriate tales.

I hope you enjoy reading them.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Grimm_s Fairy Tales.lrf (799.9 KB, 833 views)
File Type: lrf Grimm_s Fairy Tales - 20 Illustrated.lrf (7.10 MB, 847 views)
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote