Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 05:11 PM   #1011
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I've got a scene floating through my head, and I can't place what book / saga it's from. I'm pretty sure it's a saga (book series) sort of thing. Can anybody place this scene? Scene:

We've (hero and/or heroine) been seeking the giants. Giants are found emprisoned in a cave(s). They are kept there by a smoke with some relevant properties. I think the fire outside the cave is replenished once while we watch from below the ridge. After bad guy leaves, we free the giants and attain their help. There is magic in this world, I'm pretty sure.

Spoiler:
Sagas that I can remember reading, which could possibly contain this scene: Fionavar Tapestry?, Narnia?. It doesn't seem like Assassin's Apprentice & subsequent books, and I've reread them recently; it certainly isn't the Vorkosiverse; doesn't seem like LOTR; Outlander and Chronicles of St Mary's only have magic related to time travel. I'm re-reading Harry Potter right now, but Hagrid's approach to the giants in book 5 is nothing like this. Carole Nelson Douglas' Six of Swords is another saga I recall; no idea if they had giants. Or a saga I'm blanking on completely .....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote