View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #10
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
get Musashi by Yoshikawa too. I got that yesterday (and Taiko too), pushing them forward on my to reread list because of the size of the hardcovers.
Yep, these are great
Read Shogun when I was about 12, and reread a few years later and still wasn't particularly impressed. Yoshikawa is in a different league altogether IMHO.
And Yasushi Inoue's The Samurai Banner of Furin Kazan is also on Kindle now, it's a shame more of his books aren't on Kindle.

Slightly OT (apologies to OP) but does Yodo-Dono nikki by Inoue even exist in English translation? I read it in French (le chateau de Yodo) and have been trying to find it in English for a friend but have so far failed.

Last edited by Yolina; 09-21-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote