Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #82
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Here they are:

[lots of settings]
Very very very many big thanks davidfor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
To throw a wrench into things here, I think the whole "calibrate" issue is probably separate issue from the problems of poor battery life. Calibrating, to my mind, is primarily so the battery charge indicator is more reliable. Calibrating, AFAIK, won't make any difference in battery life from full charge to complete discharge.
Oh, absolutely. For instance, I was extremely upset when my battery suddenly dropped from 87% (or whatever it was) to 63 and then 61% in a very short time. But now, it's been at 61% for 24 hours. Calibration problem! It's difficult to keep that separate in my mind from "bad battery", as 87 -> 63 in hours feels like bad battery. I'll just need to have some more patience (extra difficult as I'm mistrusting Glo II due to Glo I experience) to find out what this battery is really like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I normally powered my Touch off as it was set to auto power off after 60 mins and didn't have an option to stop that anyhow until someone posted how to tweak a config file.

Since I bought the new Glo I've been leaving it in sleep mode unless I knew it was going to be a few days. Lately, I've left it in sleep mode just to see how the battery holds up. It's been at least 24 hours since I pulled it off the charging cable and it's still at 100%,
Thanks for your elaboration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Mrs.Often is tweaking some things from standard, and is having a power issue. Related, unrelated, who knows?
Actually no. My previous Glo (the one that really definitely had battery problems) was absolutely un-tweaked. My current Glo, yes, has some tweaks, but I've also not made any conclusions yet about battery bad/goodness.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote