View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 08:34 AM   #38
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect View Post
Absolute page numbers embededd in markup,
This has nothing to do with the MobiReader. It only is depending on the author. If you want page numbers in HTML, PRC, PDF, DOC, TXT and RTF, you can do that now. Simply key them in. But don't be suprised if the end up in the middle of a page. This is a problem if you try to convert a PDF with page numbers in the text to PRC. The output looks horrible. Page numbers all over the place. You can of course create PDF's with the screen size of the Cybook in mind and read them that way. The only problem is that you can't change fonts types/sizes and that is not reflowing. (At this moment)

And changing fonts is one of the big advantages of an ebook. It looks like I want and it reflows on the fly

Quote:
page numbers based on fixed amount of text/bytes or percentages like I mentioned above can be used for reference
The percentage is more or less the numeric representation of the bar we now have. If it is a quarter black, you are at 25%. That is what I proposed a couple of months ago, and repeated in this thread.

To me it is the best of both world and simple to implement.

Last edited by Ortep; 07-30-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote