View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #10
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i have a pda. it's not as comfortable to hold or read from as the sony i tried at a couple stores. i like the idea of something the size of a paperback with a paperlike format. i work on my computer, and i have enough eyestrain that getting something that won't contribute further to sore eyes would be wonderful.

can a pda using mobi read drm-protected files? if not, what can?

a lot to think about here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Ereader is not a Sony format. The Sony Reader (not eReader) reads BBEB as a DRM format. Ereader is an entirely separate ebook format with its own DRM.

If you decide to get a dedicated reader, then I would recommend the Cybook. It reads Mobipocket, and that's as close to a universal format as exists.

But I think you should also consider a used PDA or handheld PC. There is a vast number available on Ebay, and most will display Ereader and Mobipocket. I use an HP Jornada 720. I'm very happy with it. In fact, I've stopped using my Kindle.

Last edited by basschick; 05-27-2008 at 09:18 PM.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote