View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The three mainstream 6" ebook readers in the US, are the PRS-505, Kindle and Cybook. Only the Cybook will read DRMed ebooks from multiple sources (MOBI), although some DRMed MOBIs are usable on the Kindle. None will read eReader ebooks, although the Astak Mentor series of devices will be available this summer from FictionWise supporting this format (see Astak's recent post).

My experience is that Kindle ebooks are often cheaper than other ebook sellers, although FictionWise (for example) has ways to make ebooks less expensive if you buy from them routinely.

For Baen ebooks, I think you can now download any that you bought from them or from the free library formated for the PRS-505. This isn't the case for free Baen CD's though. So far as I know, all Baen ebooks are available in .prc format or in the new .mobi format (better cover page and TOC) - both of which will work on the Kindle and the Cybook.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote