View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #9
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Most of my documents are research reports about policy and law. That means mainly text, a few tables and a few graphs, but nothing spectacular. And oh yes, footnotes
In "PDF Reflow" mode, your tables and footnotes will be garbled to the point of not being able to make sense of them.

Quote:
I guess there must be an app around that allows to transform doc to pdf
The latest Office allows you to save as PDF, and you can also use Adobe Acrobat Standard or a free PDF printer utility like CutePDF. If the documents aren't sensitive, there are public websites where you can upload a file and get a PDF back.

Quote:
Does that reflow work automatically
PDF reflow works automatically. All it does is just displays the text, stripping out all layout information (like fonts, margins, page breaks, tabs, tables, etc.).

Given that you're a professional and PDFs are core to your job, I think the EE is best suited for your use, even if it's several hundred euros more. The larger eDGe is "spacious", and is comfortable to use in situations where you're used to dealing with textbooks, other large books, binders, and piles of file folders. It has all the same features as the smaller PE, just a larger screen that makes web browsing, email, reading, and other apps much more enjoyable. The big bonus of the EE is that you'll be able to easily mark-up your PDFs and email them to people afterwards.