View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
will Amazon tamper / delete non-amazon books side-loaded with Calibre?

Hi everyone

I'm sorry for the newbie question. I am considering buying a Kindle 3, and have also just installed Calibre to my mac (wow - what a great program).

I would like to load some books that I did not buy from Amazon, onto the Kindle, using Calibre.

If I connect to Amazon via wifi to buy a book, will Amazon scrutinize what I have loaded on to the Kindle? If so, will it delete / disturb / or make a record of my whole library, including non-Amazon books?

Also, some mobilereaders seem upset about the Kindle updates. Is it because Kindle updates render their side-loaded books unreadable?

Any help is very appreciated!
Victoria
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote