View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #4196
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have decided to try a new tactic. This year I intend to read every book that I buy this year, this year.

In other words, I can only buy a book if I intend to read it really soon. And this applies to freebies too - I may only add a freebie if I intend to read it this year.

Currently I've bought 12 books and added 7 freebies. I have read all of the freebies, and I have only 5 of the 12 books left to read. This might work well.
This is akin to the policy I'm trying and I agree it has promise. It's as close as I think I can realistically get to buying on demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I don't have a goal per se other than not to buy any books at all, but I always made an exception for 90% coupons. I've decided I can only use them on books I'm reasonably likely to get to this year, even if that's not the best deal. No buying for inventory.
Typically for me, alas, I followed up my first purchase with a second, which is why I'm always better off not opening the floodgates. The second volume comprises two books, which I'm counting as two for the purposes of my TBR. As I've read eight TBRs, I've had a net reduction of five and I'm hoping to finish my current two in short order. So I've stumbled a bit, but not disastrously.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote