View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #68
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post
After two nights (without much sleeping), I have finally put up a document in one page about the rules used in Chinese Chess game. Please see the attachment, just copy it to your kindle and read it.

Yes, I will increase the font size if possible, but need to be in one page...

However, I have found some strange behavior of the document, it is suppose to be one page - But from what I can see in Kindle, it appears as several pages. If you can go to the end of the document and then back to the first page, then you will see it appears as one page (which is what I want).

Does anyone know what is going on? My document is first edited in MS Word, then save as PDF format and then convert it to azw3 by Calibre.

Thanks for the help!
Unsurprisingly, Word to PDF to azw3 is not the ideal path to create your book. I unpacked your document and looking at the pseudo-source, it is built to do exactly what you describe : a series of paragraphs containing images that will get displayed in succeeding pages on the Kindle and the cover is truly that one single bigger composite image.

You could achieve far better control by coding the html yourself (it is easy to include images too) and by using Kindlegen to generate the book. More involving, but not that hard. you are welcome to use these sources as a start.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote